The current situation with COVID-19 and British Triathlon’s latest announcement means we now have to proceed with the postponement of THE ABERSOCH TRIATHLON and 1K Beach Race that was due to take place on Sat 20th June this year.

It is heartbreaking to have to make this call but it is imperative to do so. We hope in the circumstances you understand and will help us to work with the options we can offer in these circumstances.

As per our Terms & Conditions, In the case of a postponement, all entries are moved to a new date that we clear with local authorities, emergency services and land owners. This date is Saturday 3rd October 2020. If this date isn’t possible then you have options to move your entry to another race we organise or any of the races for next year.

Everyone that has entered has been sent an email with all the details and options. Entries will automatically be transferred to the new date and a new confirmation email will be emailed to the address you registered with. If you decide to move your entry to a different race or to next year you can do this by clicking on “View My Events” at the end of your confirmation email and following the instructions.



Once again we want to reassure you that the health and well-being of everyone involved in THE ABERSOCH TRIATHLON is our primary concern. We hope that all who have entered will appreciate that given the situation, the right decision has been made and although we don’t issue refunds in this situation, we have made great efforts to give you plenty of options to ensure you can still take on the Abersoch Triathlon or another of the Abersoch races in the future.


We recognise that you will share our huge disappointment and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will incur. This is unprecedented times and we ask for your support and understanding while everyone works through this difficult time and we try to keep both our health and our passions alive and well.

Yours faithfully
Mark Durston